Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Baby's First Christmas!

The Tuesday before Christmas we packed up the car with baby, presents, and even the dog. It was quite a sight I'm sure. We were so glad to be able to head up to Utah for Christmas with our families. This year we stayed at my parents house. I'm so glad they have a place we all can stay when we come visit. My Dad has now even created a sign saying "D and B's bed and breakfast" It's too funny. They get quite a house full when we're there as well as my sister and her family.

My dad retired this year and we got to go to his work for his retirement party. He will be very missed at his work and has made a huge difference in a lot of people's lives in his years there. Not only with the students, but the staff as well. So proud of you Dad!!
Christmas this year was so much fun with Kynli. Not that she really got into it yet, but she did have fun playing with the bows on the wrapped presents and the tissue paper. She got a lot of new books and some fun toys. She loved playing with them and with all her cousins.
I thought she'd be terrified of Santa, but she just stared at him and played with his beard :)



On Christmas Eve, we made gingerbread houses at my parents with my brother and his wife. We had so much fun! Then my oldest brother Troy came after we had finished and created his masterpiece, complete with a satellite dish. :)
Ryan and Hannah's creations.....can you guess who's is who's??? :)
Troy's "mansion" that took him 20 hours to build ;-)
This year Christmas lasted 3 days for us. We celebrated with my parents and brothers Christmas day, then Jordan's family the next day, and then my sister and her family a few days later. It was nice to drag it out a little this year. It was also nice to go see my cousins on my mom's side on Christmas day. That's been a tradition since before I can remember and I'm so glad we were able to do it again this year.
Kynli's new bench from Grandma Mare and Papa Jack. Too cute...
I don't know what Kynli is doing in this picture, but it's hilarious!!!!

1 comment:

ARCHER'S said...

Pretty cute pictures Tara - I have a picture of Troy with his masterpiece (gingerbread house), if you want.