Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Welcome Kynli!!

After a nice walk to church, Sunday dinner, walk to the park, and talking on the phone with family about what a contraction feels like....I began to feel some small pains coming every once in a while. I started having lightning pains and text my friend to ask her what I was feeling. I finally told Jordan I thought I might be having contractions, but still wasn't sure. We started to time them just to see and it seemed like about every 5 min so I called the hospital to ask them and they suggested I take a warm bath to see if they stop. They didn't so we decided to take what I thought was going to be a test run to the hospital (because I was sure they were going to tell me I was silly and wasn't having contractions because what I was feeling was completely different than what I ever thought contractions would be like). Anyway, we get there and they check me and and I was having contractions about every 3 min so I was there for the night. Wahoo!!! I was sure at 3 cm I would be having this baby by morning. However, after a long night of blood pressure checks and alarms because my blood pressure is always so low anyway that when it dropped a tiny the alarm would sound. I finally was given the epidural around 4 AM and my water was broke by 8 AM but still no baby. I was convinced that after this long I was never going to have her and they were going to have to cut her out of me. Right after I was freaking out (according to Jordan) I went from a 6 to about a 9 in a half hour and was ready to start. Ahhhhh!!!! I was so ready to have her by then though. After the doctor came everything went really quick. I'll never forget seeing my baby girl the first time. AMAZING!!!! The doctor was with me while Jordan helped the nurse clean Kynli up. I was out of it to say the least and by the time the doctor left 20 min. later, I was really out of it and started to see the room spin....so I told the nurses. Apparently my blood pressure dropped way too low. So I rested for a bit and finally got to hold my little girl. Jordan was so amazing throughout all of this. I couldn't have asked for a better hubby to be by my side during all of this. He was incredibly supportive and encouraging. I am so happy to have the great family I do :)


Excited to be at the hospital at 11:00 pm...calling family!!


My lil angel!!

Getting ready for the ride home.

3 comments:

Kariann said...

Congratulations Tara!!! She is absolutely gorgeous!!! I am so happy for you!!

ARCHER'S said...

We're so proud of our new granddaughter!! :-)

Lana said...

Oh girl, you are brave! But you are lucky cuz you look cute in the hospital bed. I look half asleep/"on something" in my after pics!