On Saturday, I ran in the Ogden 5K with my mother-in-law and brother. I'd had a bad cold for the past two weeks and had only been running twice during that time, so I was a little worried about being able to make it on the day of the race. The Friday before I was still feeling yucky so I really wasn't expecting to be able to run very well. Saturday morning I woke up early around 5:30 to head to the Timbermine for the start of the race. At that time, I wonder why I do this to myself....why do I wake up before 6 AM on a Saturday morning....???? The race started at 7:00 AM but we had to wait out in the crowd and freezing cold for about ten minutes before the start. It was seriously the longest ten minutes EVER!!!! Those early canyon winds are CHILLY!! After starting, I was still cold for a good 1/4 mile. Well 26.44 minutes later, I crossed the finish line!! It was a new personal record for me. I finished 8th in my age division, but no award. My mother-in-law got first in her age division and my brother got 3rd in his. My sister-in-law ran the half marathon and also got a new personal record for running it in 1 hr 40 min. Amazing! Someday I'll run a half marathon..... CONGRATS everyone!! We even stuck around to watch my twin neices run the Kids K. They did amazing! It is too cute to see all those little kids run! I love it! It was a perfect day for a race!
5 comments:
Way to go TARA! That is awesome. And eighth is pretty amazing.
I love that picture of you in the chute, good form!! congrats on your PR, 8th in your age division is awsome!! I didn't know you were 8th, way to go!!
Sure proud of you!! - glad you're feeling better!
Way to go girlie! I but it felt good to run a 5k. I want to do something like that next year, or maybe a half marathon....
Congrats on the run, graduation, and your new nephew. You have been busy!
Post a Comment