Thursday, May 17, 2012

Utah trip

I LOVE going to Utah and try to go every chance I get.  Kynli and I went up for a week the first of May while Jordan stayed home with a nice quiet house to study for Part 1 of his dental boards.  Grandma Mare was here for Kynli's 2nd birthday so she made the drive with us up to Utah.  It was freezing there! I use to make fun of my sister when she'd come back home from Vegas and complain about it being cold, but now I get it! ;) We'd been swimming in Vegas and I'd packed all our summer clothes for the trip, but it definitely wasn't the summer temperatures I was expecting.  Good thing I through in a pair of pants for both of us last minute! We had a great time visiting with family and seeing some of our closest friends.  I miss the mountains and green there and even the weather change :) I drove home myself with Kynli for the first time.  I had planned lots of activities, treats, and movies for the drive so everything went pretty smooth.  It's nice to be home and have Jordan done with his boards.  Can't wait to go back to visit soon though!!!
In Grandma Mare's neighbors yard. Gorgeous yard and Kynli was sooo happy in this picture!

Petting Joyce's lamb, lovey.  Kynli loved her!

Driving Grandpa Archer's "tractor"

On the dock at Willard Bay with Grandpa Archer

Throwing rocks in Willard Bay...this girl through a fit when we had to leave.  Guess she loves the water as much as mommy ;)

Riding her bike with Grandma Archer at the church parking lot.  She pedals so good and was even going crazy fast!

Grandpa and Grandma Archer at City Creek.  LOVE this place.

Uncle Troy is the best!

Salt Lake "silly" temple as Kynli calls it.  I don't think she can hear the difference between city and silly.;) I was so excited to take her here.  She's been loving looking at our wedding album and saying how she wants to get married in the temple with a white dress and pretty hair.  I'm so glad I could take her to see it. 

So dang cute.  She loves this couch and Rocky!

Playing with one of her BF's at the park

THIS is why I miss Utah.  I love this view.  This park was sooooo pretty right by the mountains with tons of nice green grassy hills.

Roasting marshmallows on the fire in the backyard.  LOVE that we can do this!

Playing with her other BF in Utah at the park for her birthday.  We had to say goodbye to some of our closest friends.  We're sad to see the Hoopers go :(

Luckily we were able to see the twins the morning before we headed back to Vegas.  Kynli loves these girls.  I'm so glad we were able to see them before we left. 
 

1 comment:

Lana said...

Jealous of your trip... Yeah, Vegas sucks.