We decided to stay here in Vegas this Thanksgiving so that we wouldn't have to have the stress of driving in bad weather for such a short trip. Wednesday I spent the day making my first pumpkin cake roll that turned out okay :) Thursday I cooked candied yams, creamed carrots, and apple crisp while Jordan watched football and played with Kynli. It was a nice relaxing day actually. We met up with my sister and her family at her good friends house for appetizers and dinner. Alyson, her friend, had the table set up so cute for us. She even had mini cornucopia's on our plates filled with reese's and peanuts. It was really nice to have it at her house with my sister. However, it was definitely different than being at home. We really missed our families this year. The next day I went out to shop for a bit while Jordan stayed home with Kynli. It was nice to get some shopping done with no distractions. That night we went to Town Square to eat and do a little browsing in the shops. Kynli got to see Santa and get her picture taken with all of us. She definitely was more worried than she was last year. She still gave him a high five though. Saturday I took a hike with my sister to the top of Lone Mtn. by our house and then I cleaned and put up Christmas decorations. It was nice to get all this out of the way before the routine week started again. We even got some outside lights up! I think....I'm even done with all my Christmas shopping!!!!!! Time to make some Christmas goodies and get ready to go up to Utah in a few weeks!



No comments:
Post a Comment