Monday, July 13, 2009

Pack Trip

I recently went on a pack trip with my hubby, his dad, brother, and a few of their friends....yes, I was the only girl :(. But it was an amazing trip! I seriously will remember this trip forever. We drove up to the trail head (Turpine Meadow) about a half hour out of Jackson Hole. We slept there that night. I slept in the truck while the guys slept under the stars on cots. Unfortunately, they didn't see the stars because it rained during the night. I was sure glad I was nice and dry in the truck. The next morning we saddled and packed up the horses (all 18 of them for 9 people) and set off on the 30 mile trail. Jordan took me on this trip to try to get me sick of riding horses and even though we were on the horses for 8 hours, it didn't work! I think I actually want to go more now. The scenery was sooooo pretty. I was seriously in heaven! I couldn't have asked for better weather the whole trip. It was nice and almost every day. We saw a few eagles, elk, deer, and heard some coyotes at night. Jordan even saw a grizzly that was luckily far away. I'm so glad that I was able to go. I would do it again in a second!

The horses at the trail head.
Getting ready to ride.

So pretty!!!
The pack line of horses carrying all our luggage and food!
My cute cowboy Waiting for the others...
Going into my favorite meadow....the pictures just don't do it justice at all!
Jordan and his dad in front with the pack string of horses.
My favorite meadow!! It was seriously SO GORGEOUS! I could live there :)
Stopping for lunch with my poor tired puppy. I think he's finally recovered from the trip.
Cool waterfall by the trail.
It was a bit muddy so my shirt was just a lil dirty...
The view from our campsite.....now is that not amazing! I could wake up to that everyday.

The men in the kitchen. It was quite the setup. (Notice the dogs hanging out for the chance at any piece of food) :) That's where Koda was the majority of the trip.
Jordan's big fish!
My fishy!
Koda loved when we caught fish. He was so funny trying to play with them.


The happy family :)

My all time favorite picture of Koda.
At the ranger's cabin.
Another pretty view from the ranger's cabin.
Our day ride into Yellowstone's south border.

The "trail" on the way to camp. Let's just say it was a tad bit wet.
At the parting of the waters (Continental Divide). You can't tell but there were probably 10 mosquitos on my face and about 50 on the rest of me. It was ridiculous. We stayed just long enough to get one picture.
Heading back out on the trail.

The most gorgeous view of the Tetons on the way out of the trail.

5 comments:

Ali Miller said...

You make a cute cowgirl - sorry I missed your BD cake today at work! But good luck at Freedom Elem. Some of my family's kids attend that school and really like it. You're going to be an amazing teacher! Hope you don't mind if I keep in touch via blogs.

ARCHER'S said...

You are so lucky!! The area is so pretty and it looks like you had so fun. We're glad you had the experience. You married into such a neat family (the Diamonds are great and are so nice). :-)

Morgan Werner said...

I AM SO JEALOUS OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Agh!

John and Kathy said...

Make sure you go next year, and I will go too! I am sooo, soooo, soooooooo, sooooooooooo jealous.

Sam and Sybelle Blackham said...

Tara, I loved the pictures. What a fun trip. I could live there, too. What a beautiful place. I miss just being able to go to girls camp anymore. I loved the picture of Koda in the meadow, too.
Love you, Aunt Sybelle