A week ago Saturday I got to go horseback riding up in Morgan with my wonderful in-laws. For anyone that knows me, they know I love horseback riding! I am so glad I get the opportunity to go as often as I do. We headed out early Saturday morning to go up to Morgan and drove a ways into the canyon before unloading the horses. We were headed to some small ponds up the canyon to do some fly fishing. I caught my first fish on a fly rod. I love it!! On the way up the "trail" wasn't much of a trail so my father-in-law had to cut down some trees basically to get through it all. It was fun to go back and forth through the stream too! We had one minor, okay sorta major, accident on the way up. The horses got into an area that was super muddy and they were getting stuck in it. My brother-in-law's horse and the pack horse he was leading were trying to get out of it and started going up a steep hill and were getting very antsy. So he got off his horse to lead the pack horse down and as he started to, the horse rolled and did some backwards somersaults down the hill!!!!! Yes, it was very traumatic for me. I've never seen anything like it. I was so worried about the horse, but luckily everything was ok and we made it the rest of the way to fish and back home safe. The scenery up there was totally worth it. It was absolutely gorgeous.
2 comments:
I love horses, too! - I bet that was so much fun!! (and such beautiful country)
Oh, I'm jelly!
Post a Comment