Hi everyone!! I know it's been forever since I've posted anything. I finally have something to post. I just got back from 2 weeks in Peru on a humanitarian mission. We got to tour a little before we got to work. We went on a crazy hike up the Putukusi mountain which is literally straight up steep ladders and stairs. It had an amazing view of Machu Picchu so it was worth the buns of steel and sore calves. Machu Picchu was of course amazing!! I have tons of pictures of it. We then went to Iquitos and stayed at a lodge on the Yanayaku river (black river) and it really was black. It was a tributary right off the Amazon. We saw a tapere named Mosita, monkey in the lodge drinking juice from our table, a toucan, and went alligator hunting and even had some piranas jump in one of the canoes with us. In the villages we saw a sloth we got to hold and we went to monkey island. It was an amazing adventure in which I got to experience the true life of a Peruvian along with the crazy bus drivers and moto-taxis. My favorite town by far was Cusco. I could honestly live there for at least a summer. We got to see a lot of cool ruins around Cusco. The pictures will do a lot of explaining. I'm definitely glad to be home now! It was a lot of traveling and a lot of work, but it was tons of fun! It will definitely be a trip I will remember my whole life. Here's just a few pictures until I get a chance to post all my pictures from my camera. Beware, there's over 400! :) I won't post them all though :)
Tara, that is so cool!! How did you get hooked up with this trip? I saw that Jordan went to Peru, too. Did he go by himself that time? Did he go with you this time? What kind of humanitarian work did you do? You should post more pictures!! I wanna see them!
Nice new look on your blog! Of course, I love the pictures of Peru. They are great!! Thanks for coming over on Saturday and showing us. We're so glad you were able to have this once in a lifetime experience!! Love mom
AWESOME!! I want to go. I wish I was younger and I would definetly do something like that. What a great experience for you to have together. We want to see all the pictures, too. Glad you are home safe. WOW! Aunt Sybelle
4 comments:
Tara, that is so cool!! How did you get hooked up with this trip? I saw that Jordan went to Peru, too. Did he go by himself that time? Did he go with you this time? What kind of humanitarian work did you do? You should post more pictures!! I wanna see them!
You are the luckiest! I wanna go!!! I'm glad you guys had a good time, and are home safe.
I can't wait to see all the pics, and hear more!!!
Nice new look on your blog! Of course, I love the pictures of Peru. They are great!! Thanks for coming over on Saturday and showing us. We're so glad you were able to have this once in a lifetime experience!! Love mom
AWESOME!! I want to go. I wish I was younger and I would definetly do something like that. What a great experience for you to have together. We want to see all the pictures, too. Glad you are home safe. WOW! Aunt Sybelle
Post a Comment