Thursday, April 21, 2011
Newport Beach
Jordan finished his finals for school last Friday (YAY!!!!) and has a two week break, so we took advantage of the time by heading to Newport Beach, CA. I immediately fell in LOVE!!! We went out to the beach for Kynli's first time, and she loved it. While I knew it was a good time to see dolphins/whales off the coast at this time of year, I didn't think I would, but to my surprise, I DID!!!! and a lot of them right off the coast, not far from where we were boogie boarding. I was seriously sooooo excited. Kynli loved the water and the sand and loved the waves. She wasn't afraid at all. That night we ate at Ruby's Diner on Balboa Pier. It was fun to sit outside on the ocean and watch all the fisherman. The next day we tried to go to the beach again, but it was freezing, so we walked the boardwalk and played on the playground at the beach. The last day there, we went to the Fun Zone and Kynli rode the Merry-go-round for the first time. After one ride, she kept pointing at it and wanting to go again, so Daddy took her one more time. It's so fun to see her excitement. We went to the beach one more time that day and Kynli really got into playing in the sand and even eating it...yuck!! Yes, I tried to stop her...hopefully she learned her lesson. :) We stayed at the best hotel there (in my opinion) because it was right by the beach and close to everything but not too close that it was crowded and congested. Loved it!!! I'm going back every spring!
First time at the beach!!!....I think she might like it :)


On Balboa Pier...such a nice day!
Eating at Ruby's Diner...yum yum!
Too cold for swimsuits and ocean....but we had fun at the park on the beach!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So jealous! That looks like so much fun! We have yet to go to the beach with our girls - I think they would love it!
Lucky. You know how I feel about this one ;)
Post a Comment